- NEW: I am now providing NTS service. I have tested it myself from offsite, but I'd be interested in any feedback/issues
others may experience using it.
- Peering and access policy: Please be courteous in your use of this server. Commercial entities, please contact me
in advance. I'm happy to accommodate reasonable traffic, but overly aggressive connections will be throttled unless prior
arrangements have been agreed upon. firstname.lastname@example.org
Simple rules of engagement: Five minutes interval per device, absolute minimum, between queries. Fifteen minutes would be preferred,
end-users please only once per hour. If you require tighter time-keeping than that, I'm happy to assist you in building your own,
inexpensive time server(s) as I have.
I provide this service for free, please bear that in mind. email@example.com
- Refclock: uBlox Neo m8t HAT on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ Rev 1.3
- ntpviz generator (this website): Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.1, 1gb ram (~17 minutes once per hour to generate all graphs)
- OS: Raspbian 10.3 - Buster
- Time sync: gpsd 3.20 and NTPsec 1.1.8+
- A portion of the journey here: A Brief History of Time. Sorta.(outdated)
- The current setup: Time-Nut level: Novice
- Production status: Production
- Update 25Mar2020: c-ntpsec has been promoted to 'master' production, deprecating a-ntpsec. Better overall stability.
1 hour graphs
3 hour graphs
12 hour graphs
24 hour graphs
72 hour graphs
7 day graphs
14 day graphs
This is an internal peer for a-ntpsec and c-ntpsec, it is not reachable from the internet!
This is an internal peer for a-ntpsec and b-ntpsec, it is not reachable from the internet!
Refclock: uBlox Neo m8t HAT on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ Rev 1.3
All other specs usually identical to main ntpsec server.
Ongoing testing and refinement in progress; graphs frequently look terrible!
All graphs generated with ntpviz.
Many (most?) elements shamelessly cadged from Royce Williams' most excellent NTP resource site.
This site tests "A+" on the Qualys SSL Labs Server Test page.